If you would like to present your music to the world or hold a virtual concert to the fans, a live stream is the perfect solution. That way, you create the atmosphere of a live show and demonstrate your impressive musical skills. Knowing the specifics of live streaming for musicians is imperative if you want the sound and video quality to be at the highest level.
Here is what you need to know about live streaming for music. Check out our guide to ensure the viewers are impressed with your next event!
Advantages of Live Streaming for Musicians
Why is live streaming better than shooting a video and releasing it on YouTube? Here are some advantages that this approach brings:
- Communicate with the audience – during the event, you can interact with the audience. Responding to their questions will strengthen relationships with your current fans and attract new followers.
- A live show is always better than a recorded one – if you have ever been to a live concert, you know that the atmosphere is much better compared to watching a video on YouTube.
- Add video to the audio – your songs might be of high-quality, but adding another dimension to them can attract more audience.
- Increase awareness – more people will hear about you and you will also create native content, which helps your SEO and visibility.
What Are the Specific Considerations When Live Streaming a Music Event?
The first thing to take care of is that you find a suitable location for streaming. For starters, you will need a quiet room. There shouldn’t be any background noise, which means other people shouldn’t be there unless they are participating in the video, too.
If you have an opportunity, find a big room with good acoustic properties. That can be useful if you are playing an amplified instrument since the sound quality will be better.
What about the sound quality? The experts recommend using a microphone. Although cameras have the capability of capturing sound, the microphone takes everything to the next level. If you want to sound more professional, a mic is the way to go. You can use a stationary mic with a wire or a wireless one. It depends on the type of music and whether you play an instrument or just do the vocals.
When it comes to cameras, you can use a smartphone camera as long as it is of decent quality. You can’t hold it in your hand, so consider using a tripod mount. That way, you get stability and avoid shaky footage, which is another way to keep the stream professional.
Which Platform to Choose for Live Streaming?
You will need to stream the content via a dedicated online streaming channel. You can use simple platforms like Facebook Live or YouTube as well as paid third-party platforms. While choosing the most suitable option, consider the expectations you have from the stream.
For example, are you focused on interaction with the audience? Would you like them to submit donations during the event if they like your music? How about letting them leave comments? The first step is figuring out what you want in a stream and then finding a suitable platform.
Don’t forget the importance of the internet connection. You want it to be stable and offer generous upload capabilities. That is the only way to ensure there won’t be any “hiccups” in your stream. You can’t allow them because lag-free streaming is crucial for the viewers to enjoy the event.
Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Live Stream
Now, let’s check out a few tricks that will help you enhance your stream:
- Add guests – you can consider playing with a band or calling a buddy to play together. Either way, it will add a dynamic element to your stream.
- Listen to user requests – ask the followers on social media which songs they want to hear you play. If you think you are good enough, you can even consider playing songs that viewers ask for during the event.
- Q&A sessions – take a minute or two between the songs to answer questions that viewers might have about you. It is a proven method of bonding with people and attracting new fans.
Although these are neat tricks, never forget the basics. Live streaming for musicians needs to have the highest sound quality possible and putting the video on that level can also be very helpful.
If you are unsure how to get all the details right, hire a professional live streaming service. Thanks to the years of experience in the business, we can set the stage so you can shine and impress your audience. It is the perfect way to take your career forward and find a place among the stars!